Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Better Day

After a terrible day, blechhhh, blechhhh, let me get the bitter taste of yesterday out of my mouth!!!! Yesterday was terrible, she had a series of 3 clusters that started off light and not scary, to a when will this end, I'm about to give emergency meds seizure. Today she had blood work in the morning and fell asleep on the way home and woke up fine. So that kind of held her nap off. I tried to get her to lay down about 2 but she wouldn't have it. It was almost time to eat again. So I went ahead got her up and fed her then let her be happy and expel some energy for a while. Then checked her ketones just to see where they were, about 40. Then I put her, an myself, down for a nap. Hoping that since her ketones were higher at this time of day than they would have been if she'd have napped at 1, as usual, that she'd wake up with less seizures. I also gave her acetaminophen for extra ooomph. She slept from 3-4:30. Woke up.......... JUST FINE! Nothing, NADA! First time in?????????? So let me celebrate this good day, who knows what tomorrow brings.
But it does make me upset that her ketones aren't up all the time and that her diet needs to be tweaked. It shows me that all this added seizure activity could possibly be stopped if her ketones would level out.
Meet with Ketoteam on Friday, wish her luck!

No comments: