Friday, December 19, 2008

Planning Naomi's meals

I've been working on this for a while! I got started then decided I needed to compact it a little! There's a lot to fit in! Fawn did a good job of showing how she weighs out her daughter's meals and what they look like. I've been trying to decide how to show how I plan and get together Naomi's meals. First of all I print out a weekly calendar.
Naomi's meals on Ketocalc are numbered so I simply write #11, #18, #13 or what ever. Maybe with a note to remind myself exactly what #18 is! #18-Eggnog.
Then I got the idea of printing out the meals on an index card from another Keto-mom but that was long before we even started the diet and I forget exactly who it was! I'm pretty sure it was Stephanie Precourt though! I printed them out and then bought some of these nifty magnetic photo holder's and put the index cards in there. I keep them all on the left side of the fridge then move over the day's menu to the right side then move them back as I've fed her those meals.
Right now (subject to change at any moment! Especially since I've just recently gotten all new cards made up!!!) Naomi's on a 3.5:1 ratio and gets 1050 calories a day split evenly into 4 meals. So she eats every 4 hours. Usually 6 a.m., 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and again at 6 p.m. She is not on fluid restriction. She guzzles down Free America carbonated flavored water from Walmart! Usually at least a whole 34 oz bottle a day plus her cream 4 times a day which I've been adding water to so she ends up with at least 64 oz. daily. She'd probably drink more if I let her and the skin on her feet is still dry as a bone!
Enough for now, next tools of the trade!

1 comment:

Lisa Christine said...

Luckily, when Elisabeth was on the diet she only had formula...not quite so complicated :)