Thursday, May 28, 2009

Change in Diet


Today Naomi got an increase in calories. She went from 1050 calories a day to 1150. That means each meal is 288 calories. The dietitian is willing to go to 1200 calories but I want to just adjust by 100 calories for now and I'll keep in mind that the other 50 is there if needed. She just feels so skinny! We're not used to that in our house. She's 37 1/2 inches and 32 pounds now.


Last Friday we started weaning her off Keppra. It's going good. We've seen absolutely no negative side effects from weaning her and it's been quite a few days now so I feel like if something big was going to happen it would have.


She was averaging 30 seizures a day and about once a week we'd see about 50. That was split between 2 clusters (after waking overnight and nap) and some random here and there seizures. A cluster would usually have about 15. Since dropping her to 300 mg. twice a day she's having about 15 all day. She has days where she doesn't have any cluster. The largest cluster I've seen all week is 5! Those are really light and you have to be holding her to know she's had most of the seizures. One morning the first 4 seizures I only felt because I had my hand under her bottom and could feel the muscles inside her thighs slightly tighten. There was no eye movement, no head drop just that little muscle tension, quick as a hiccup.

Today she's eating better after being sick for quite a while. Eating and drinking.

She had a stomach bug, thrush, green goop in one eye and to top it all of one of those darn 2 year molars is coming in too!!!! But the fact that she's teething and we've still seen no big cluster is awesome!
Here's my latest Keto-dreams! I dreamed Bill told me "she's eating good" and there she stood in a corner eating Reese's pieces. I yelled at him that she couldn't have that.
Then I dreamed I was feeding her birthday cake in the car while driving. When we got out of the car I looked at her and said "what's that red and blue all over your face? Oh SH*T it's frosting! I can't feed you that!!!!! "
I think I have some Anxiety issues!

1 comment:

Meandering Michael said...

I've had dreams like that, too!