Monday, May 18, 2009

The Water Park

We got home from the water park today. UGH. It's just so hard with Naomi.
The part she loved was closed for quite a while. For cleaning or something I guess. She did like the wave pool too but it's hard to enjoy anything in there! Everyone being jostled and bumped into each other. Kids being washed into you. Just a pain. Naomi gets so excited she holds her mouth open wide. Sensory overload! She wants to go face first into the water and I really don't want her swallowing a bunch of nasty chlorinated pool water. ICK.
I saw way too many teen age girls in way too little bathing suits and I swear they buy the tops a size or two too small so their boobs are squished together. Maybe I just forget what healthy, young breast tissue is like! :)
The big thing among these kids this year seemed to be belly button jewelry. I don't think it was the pierced belly buttons. This was more like press on, dangly, sequins or crystals.
I saw something that made me roll my eyes. A couple girls, who'd I say were East Indian, were walking in front of me. They were lanky and I'd say maybe 8. They had on bathing suits but had on footless tights underneath them. They walked by a girl in a tiny bikini who then turned to her friend and you could just read on her face that she was talking terribly about those girls and making some snide comment about their leggings. With all the body parts hanging out in there MODESTY is what she's being snotty about? I was telling my girl friend about this and I said "Oh well, guess which one won't get pregnant when they're 16" and she laughed and said "Guess which one will grow up to be a Dr.". Exactly. It's not like these girls were covered from head to toe, or trying to make some fashion statement. But I'd say it was definitely a parental enforced fashion. Good for their parents for not letting them walk around looking like little tramps like so many of those kids!

1 comment:

SuzanSayz said...

Boy have you hit the nail on the head. It's so refreshing to see young people who have enough respect for themselves and their parents to not be out in public leaving practically nothing to the imagination. It's so sad that those teenaged girls would be so hateful towards a couple of much younger girls as well. Why oh why do females become their own worst enemys? Instead of feeling a sisterhood towards other girls that they don't know they prefer to attack. It just shows how insecure they are. As women we need to love and support each other even through our differences. Not be the first to attack.