Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lest you think I had a relaxing day....


I did end up cancelling all therapies today. Due to the obvious nasal drainage in the above photo. But then about 1 I noticed, while she screamed, that Naomi had white stuff on the roof of her mouth and at the back of her throat. It did not look like strep to me, it looked like thrush.
So I called the pediatricians office and they could see us at 2:30.

The Dr. confirmed what I had thought. She didn't think it was strep either, it definitely looks more like thrush.

So now I have to coat her mouth with medicine 4 times a day for 2 weeks.

Oh JOY!

I kind of wonder if Naomi doesn't also have acid reflux. She's been having really good mornings but after her nap (just an hour after eating) she wakes and has had quite a few seizures. Today before her nap I gave her acetaminophen and what do ya know! She had very few. So something is happening during her nap that causes her pain, which in turn causes her to have seizures. Teething? acid reflux? Who knows!

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Thrush! Yuck. Elisabeth had that as a newborn...and then infected me with it. And that was the end of her days nursing :)

SuzanSayz said...

Poor little Naomi. Thrush is so awful. It doesn't seem fair that a child who has to go through so much in the first place should have to also deal with the mundane and horrible non-life threatening, problems as well.