Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our City

Well, after feeling forced to recycle because they put us on 1 day a week garbage pick up, now they're ONLY recycling cardboard, newspaper and magazines.
We really weren't forced to recycle I just had to do it a lot more than usual. I always did plastics and the newspapers, but didn't bother with soup cans and such. Now I have to bag all that up and send it to the curb. The thing is there's a limit on how many bags they'll take and when you've got a child still in diapers, that's one bag in itself. We may have to haul some of our bags to the curb of older single neighbors.
Our water and sanitation is one bill. So that's water, sewer and our garbage/recycling. Do you think the city will drop it's trash pick up rates since their trucks are making 2 less trips around our city and the price of gas has dropped since they upped the prices because of $3/gallon gas? HA HA!
One year on our city income tax we overpaid by $1. I never did get that dollar! You better bet if I owed them the dollar they'd want it. Probably put my name in the paper for delinquent taxes.
I have a friend who lives in this city, works in a neighboring city and her husband works in a different city than either of these. So they have to pay 3 different cities income tax. Ohio has been a Republican state for a long time. Just this last election did we elect a Democrat Governor. I don't understand that. I'm independent, but I know the Republicans are against taxes, but our state taxes us to death! And don't get me started on the way they fund our schools!

2 comments:

David said...

taxed to death in ohio? try california! i'm out of here as soon as i can conveniently manage it.

Lisa Christine said...

Lower the rate of your gargbage bill....ha! We could only dream :)

And I think that you should demand your $1 refund!