Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Wednesday

Naomi had her first bad case of what I think was acid reflux last night.
She fell asleep about 9:30 pm then woke screaming at 11. I settled her down then she woke making a sound like she was gagging at about 12 and spit up. It was like spit up with throw up sound effects. A whole lot of gagging, only about a teaspoon of vomit with a ton of air behind it like she was full of gas. She did this at 1 am, 2 am, 3 am and finally at 4 she settled down. I gave her a suppository because she'd only pooped a tiny bit in 2 days and that actually helped the gas from that end expel. So she slept until 7:15 then woke and I had to take her for 12 hour fasting blood work. I put a specimen bag on her to catch some urine before we left. When we got to the lab I took her to the bathroom pulled off her diaper and she reached down and ripped the bag off and threw it on the floor! It was one of those with adhesive that held it in place! That had to have hurt! Luckily she'd peed around the bag or I'd have had a mess! We left the lab and she fell asleep in the car at 8:40 and didn't wake until 11! That's when she got her first meal of the day. How I am going to fit 3 more meals into the day ? I have no clue!
Usually our mail runs before 11. So 11:15 I ran out to check the mail and the dog ran out ahead of me and took off running towards the neighbors and I yelled "Lady!" and heard an audible GASP it was the mail man. She stopped immediately. He saw me and said that's what he likes to see. When he hears someone yell for a dog he imagines a larger dog and was glad to be greeted by our 13 pound "killer". He asked if she bites, just as she rolled over and showed him her belly. She didn't even bark at him! She's such a love mutt!
Looks like my little girl is sleepy again! She's only been awake 40 minutes!
It's beautiful outside. Sunny and 80 degrees. I'll probably not get to enjoy a moment of it! UGH!
Oh, also this morning before we left I told Isaiah if he got an upset stomach at school to call and I'd come get him. I told him Naomi had been sick and maybe we had a bug going around the house. He said "Well, my cough has been pretty bad lately." Then coughed two times. I went on telling him that he could wear shorts to school and Grammy would take him and pick him up. As I turned to leave he said "Let me guess, complaining about my cough won't do me any good. I still have to go to school. Right?"
YEP!

2 comments:

Fawn said...

Hey, Jenny, I hope the rest of the day went okay. I think I would've just stuck to the regular meal schedule and considered the morning's skipped meal a mini-fast. Did you actually manage to fit all the meals in?

David said...

sunny and eighty? nice!