Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Day Off

Usually I'd be leaving the therapy center after one and a half hours of therapy on Tuesday, but I cancelled everything today. Naomi's got a green goopy nose and I prefer not to share it! There's too many kids at therapy whose health is way more fragile than hers and I don't want to put those parents through any extra illness.
I also cancelled her itinerant services today which included 1 hour at home with the teacher, whose pregnant, and half and hour with an occupational therapist who has her own kids at home. I always hated being around sick people when I was pregnant, I never wanted to have to take any sort of medicine. So I'll spare them too!
Sunday it was more clear and we thought maybe it was just allergies. Then yesterday morning I thought she was fine, until after her bath. I had left her in the crib while I took a shower and she ripped a page from a book and tore it to bits. Several of those bits were stuck to her cheek, being held in place by nasal drainage.
When Isaiah was in preschool there was one kid whose parents sent him no matter what. I could understand if they both worked and had to send him. That was not the case. There was someone home who could have kept him instead of sending him and his germs to school. I'd drop Isaiah off at school and see that kid with one nostril completely blocked by green snot and think "GREAT!" UGH! I knew it would be coming to my home soon enough.
I refuse to be "that" parent. The one who's sick kids are constantly infecting others.
I guess I better wrap up this post. Naomi is trying to climb on my lap and there are 2 green streams running to her lip! Got to catch them before she wipes them all over her cheek.
Grab the Kleenex!

No comments: