Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First Trip on the Diet


This weekend we'll go on our first trip while on the diet. We'll only be an hour from home and it'll only be overnight but I still feel like I need to get organized and make sure all Naomi's junk gets taken!
There's meds, not just Keppra now I have to pack the thrush meds too!
Then there's the scale. I figure I better take it just in case.
Then there's the cream. Can't get far without 36% whipping cream if you're on the Ketogenic diet.
Food. I'm hoping to take some stuff that's already weighed and measured. If she weren't refusing anything cold except fruit it'd be a lot easier!
Diapers and wipes.
Swim diapers.. Going to an indoor water park.
Her swimsuit.
Pajamas.
Probably a roll of paper towels. Bill mentioned it. What ever....
Plus Bill wants to be exceedingly cheap and take chips and stuff for the boys! I say to heck with it just pay what ever they want for a crummy little bag of chips! It's 1 night!
Did I mention I don't like water parks? I don't. I do not enjoy being damp all day. I don't mind if I can sit out in the sun. But even though there is a glass roof to part of the water park it's indoors, humid and (I think) reeks of chlorine.
Actually it's America's largest indoor water park. Yippee, doesn't make it any better. But we do this every year for Isaiah's birthday and this is the first year he's taking a friend. So that works for me. Bill can keep an eye on the boys. Naomi and I can go to the room or the lobby or what ever. They have a baby tiger the kids can get their photo taken with and I bet that thing couldn't go 2 rounds with my girl! She'd have his ears and tail pulled off before he knew what hit him!
They also have story time. The lady who did story time last year had epilepsy. Naomi was the only kid there to listen.
Oh well, hopefully it'll all go smooth. It's practice ,I guess, for a real trip.

3 comments:

Fawn said...

Good luck, Jenny! I hate getting ready for trips -- it totally stresses me out. I always feel that I have to be the one to remember all the little details.

Lisa Christine said...

An indoor waterpark sounds fun to me! Have a blast! (at least try) :)

And yes...cream is a must on the diet :)

David said...

Have fun!

and I hope you love slumdog!