Thursday, May 7, 2009

Messy Day

Ever have one of those days where it feels like your kids or others are just trying to make more work for you?
That's my day today!
First thing this morning Isaiah spilled some milk from his cereal bowl on the floor and while he walked 5 feet from the spill to get a paper towel from me Naomi walks over and grabs his glass of apple juice and spills it all over her shirt and the floor. We had a busy morning so we wiped it all up as best we could and ran a quick wet mop over it.
Then Isaiah got the bathroom floor soaked when he got out of the shower.
We left home and dropped Isaiah at school and I took Naomi to 1 1/2 hours of therapy. She fell asleep on the way home but woke as soon as we stopped. While I checked the mail and tried to eat lunch, (I gave up on a hot lunch and ate Frosted Flakes!) Naomi overturned everything she could get her hands on. Her rocking horse, her toy box and her shopping cart all tipped on their sides in the living room. Of course then she went about dispersing the items in the toy box and had them scattered about the living room, into the dining room and even threw a drum and Lily the Leap Frog over the gate into the kitchen.
I was so tired, and she seemed sleepy so we headed for a nap. Slept about 1 1/2 hours then got up and made her a quick eggnog for her 3rd meal of the day. She threw that several times and even though it's in a spill proof sippy cup it still spews some out when she drops it.
So now it's 4:30 in the afternoon and I've just picked up the living room and mopped all the floors. The apple juice made the floor so sticky my socks were sticking to it!
I did try to take her out on the porch while the floors dry but she shoved a piece of bark in her mouth that came from who knows where and when I opened her mouth to pull it out she bit the tip of my finger so hard it dented my nail. I picked her little bottom up and sat her in the high chair with a drink and turned on PBS Kids. I am done!
Bill's at the chiropractor for the second day. The bottom middle of his back was killing him and yesterday the Dr. said the bottom vertebrae was twisted and what ever. I can never get a full sensible explanation from Bill. I think when a Dr. talks to him he hears every other word. He went back today because now his hips hurt him.
It's rainy out , just sprinkling, but enough he can't even attempt to do yard work, even if he was up to it. So when he comes home and gets settled, these messy kids are all his!
And it's pizza for supper!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

We had pizza for dinner, too. :) Hope tomorrow is better!