Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reality???

I must admit I am a little caught up in the John and Kate plus 8 drama.
I feel terrible for the kids. I would hate to be Kate! Not too many people have their husband possibly caught out with another woman and everyone understands why he would be out with someone else. Usually there's empathy for the wife. Not so much in her case.
The following is based on the shows I've watched and how they've been made to appear. I am not some nut who feels like I know these people! I mean I watch the show, I don't catch EVERY episode. I haven't bought their books. I don't read newspaper articles about them.
On the season premier Kate kept rolling her eyes and making a big deal out of how she was doing the birthday party all by herself. She said she usually plans them out for a year. So what is she complaining about? The work it takes to actually pull it all off? Other years when they've had the parties John was setting up, John was doing everything as she ordered. Even when she over flowed the washer. He had to drop everything and clean that up. Usually he was the one getting the kids in their party outfits. Then this year, she goes to the party to set up. She was wearing heels and a dress or skirt I believe and her friend Beth and her girl had on jeans and a t-shirt. Who do you think did all the work? Then there were 2 other men there to help and someone set up the bouncy things. When John got there she told him to go up and see what was holding everything up and he had to dry off 2 of the bouncy things. He had ran back to the house to pick up her phone (I think) and the cakes which she forgot. Now, if she was alone with those kids I can see how she'd be so busy. But when she was setting up SOMEBODY was home with them. The food had to have been catered. So besides stuffing the pinatas and making up goody bags and sending invitations, what did she do that was so unusually hard. Do you think if John was there to help that she'd have taken suggestions from him?
On the last episode from the previous season I told my husband that I thought they should have said from day 1. If one of us wants out, we quit. When John said he was having a hard time and wanted to stop that should have been it. I'm really wondering if he was really staying at his mom's because she broke her foot or if there was a problem then too.
I think it's stupid he was out with a 23 year old. Whether he's having an affair or Kate's having an affair, that's between them. What kind of people want to make a living making other people miserable. Paparazzi that's who.
Now for Kate's brother and sister in law speaking out. I really don't know what they think can be gained by what they're saying. Some things are fine. But others cross a line. If either John or Kate came to them and told them things in confidence they should keep that to themselves.
John and Kate were so Christian there for a while. I'm not questioning their relationship with God. I just think they exploited Christianity as much as they've exploited their family. They know church women are sitting there watching their family and those women will invite Kate to speak (for a fee) and buy the books and videos.
When Kate had those kids at the children's museum and running around in high heels I thought what a change! Where's the khakis and t-shirt wearing mom? How does a mom who has to get 8 kids ready, alone, find the time to get so dolled up? When the little girl freaked out because her sister splashed her I thought that spoke volumes. Maybe she was wore out, but I think she totally over reacted and a lot of that is Kate's OCD. She does seem to have lightened up on the kids some since she is so much more focused on herself.
I really hope they can work something out for the kids. I really do. But I also think people generally marry one person and divorce some one entirely different. They are so changed. John's burnt out I think, and I can't blame him. He's younger than I am! He had those kids a lot. Whether he had help or not he really had to put those kids and his wife before his own happiness. I know Kate says she's doing it all for the kids and maybe in her own mind she's twisted it that way. Isn't the best thing you can do for your kids is treat your spouse with love, respect, kindness and understanding.
Money doesn't buy happiness and a bigger house isn't going to hide the fact Daddy is gone.
I do think it's kind of funny she got stuck with the dogs! I wonder if she's still such a stickler that the poop gets picked up. Maybe she has people for that. I can't imagine her out in her heels, sun glasses on with a glove and a bag picking up after German Sheppards. Now there's an episode I'd watch!!

1 comment:

Lisa Christine said...

I think it's all so sad. Those poor kids. Even if a couple grows apart I think that they need to find the maturity to keep it together for the sake of the children.