Sunday, January 11, 2009

The diet and calories

I think I've mentioned that Naomi has gained weight on the diet. Since October 27, 2008 she has went from 12.9 KG to 14.5 KG. She gained .3 KG just last week! (2.2 lbs = 1kg). So in all 1.5 KG has been gained (3.3 lbs!!!!!). This means, OBVIOUSLY, that her body is not burning the fat for energy but instead is storing it. I have weekly emailed the dietitian and at one point Naomi leveled off for 3 weekly weigh ins at 14.2 KG. But still! Plus the fact that her ketones have been low I've been thinking her calories needed lowered. I actually mentioned lowering her calories at the 6 week visit but we were changing her ratio and the dietitian seemed to think it best not to change too many things at once. I called 2 other times, once went unanswered and the other I talked to the dietitian who USED to do the diet because our dietitian was on vacation. But Friday the more I thought about it the more peeved I got! So I called and whoever answered said the dietitian was out of the office until Monday. So I left a message and was not very nice about it. I wasn't rude but I made it clear I wanted some direction! There must have been a mix up because our dietitian called me back in about 30 minutes and made the calorie change. SO now Naomi gets 950 calories in 4 meals. I fed her a lower calorie meal last night and this morning already her ketones were a little higher. So that's promising.
NOTE: OPPPS I just realized that I had written Oct 27, 2007! I was a year behind! I've been doing so well writing 2009 on everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got a response. Naomi is now at a LOWER calorie level than Jade!

Jade's been gaining weight, too, though, so we'll see what happens. Ugh, I can't imagine recalculating all the meals!