Monday, January 26, 2009

Shirking

I'm shirking my responsibilities this morning, but I've stayed warm.
Naomi woke at 5 this morning, ate, took her medicine then fell back asleep shortly after 6.
She fell asleep curled up in a ball laying with her head on my lap. Isaiah sat down and was her surrogate lap while I got his breakfast ready, he couldn't reach the box of cereal.
When I went to relieve him I lifted her and laid on the couch and she continued to sleep laying on me. Isaiah took a bath then packed his own lunch. He did a great job too! No mess!
The kids I take to school came about 7:40 and so she was sort of forced to wake up. I took her upstairs to try to get her to fall back asleep but she wouldn't have it. She wanted to be with the fun downstairs.
Those kids eat breakfast at school so they have to be there earlier than Isaiah so I usually run them over then come back and take him over 10-15 minutes later. Today I announced they'd all have to walk over together.
They didn't seem to care but I feel a little bad for sending them out. It's 8 degrees outside. I didn't send them out naked or anything, they had winter coats, hats and gloves on. I guess I just feel bad because I wouldn't want to walk in that! The sidewalks have been covered with tons of snow but we had a "warm" spell this weekend and most of it is melted.
I guess they'll have a story to tell their kids. "We walked 2 blocks in frigid temperatures to get to school". Yeah it's not far, I can walk it in less than 5 minutes, maybe I'm spoiling them slightly, driving them over.
Isaiah has tutoring after school so I may not have to step outside my door all day! Bill will be home in time to pick him up. I love being a shirker! Maybe I'll spend the day thinking up all the other things I can pass off to others so I don't have to do them. Maybe with the help of a ladder, Naomi can learn to unload the dishwasher!

1 comment:

Lisa Christine said...

I'm jealous! Days at home are my FAVORITE! Honestly, if I never left the house, I owuld be ok, I don't get stir crazy.

But while you are having your relaxing day at home I will be shuttling kids here and there....school...preschool...therapy....music lessons....(you get the picture)