Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm so sleepy!


About 2 am Naomi started to show signs she may be waking up. By 4 a.m. she was in full giggle mode! You'd think the bed was filled with tickle bugs! Who can be so happy at 4 a.m.!??? At first it was so cute! Then as I saw this was not ending anytime soon, not so cute after all!
By 5 a.m. I had her giggly self in my arms while I unhappily stomped down the steps. I ended up feeding her breakfast at 5:20. She usually eats at 6. Also gave her medicine at 5:30 so I could hopefully get her to sleep. Thankfully she nodded off in her own bed about 6. Only to wake again at 6:40, about the time Isaiah was getting up for school. I came back downstairs to get Isaiah's breakfast ready and then went up and put her in my bed hoping for more sleep. Which thankfully came but she fell asleep on my arm. When Isaiah came up to get in the shower I told him I'd call Grammy to see if she'd come take him to school. Well, him and the other 3 kids I take. So back to bed I went. She ended up waking about 7:45. I went and told the kids (4 unsupervised in my living room) to be sure they were ready by 7:55 because Grammy had to get back to work and I had to get in the shower. Today was therapy day (OF COURSE) and Naomi had to be at therapy, which is 20 minutes away, at 8:30. Here we were about 8 a.m. still in our pajamas. The kids were not ready when my mom got here, by the way!
I got us bathed and clothed and out the door and then managed to hit every traffic light between us and therapy. Also got behind a school bus! I called to tell them we were coming, just running late. We ended up being about 10 minutes late for her 1st appointment, but all went well.
She actually had a good therapy day! She made eye contact, walked on the balance beam, played music, looked at books all without a melt down.
Meanwhile I was puddling in the corner! We laid down for a nap just after noon and she took about an hour nap. I could not get to sleep (maybe the Starbucks?). I had ,and still have, a twitch in my right thigh that is driving me nuts! I am hoping for a better nights sleep tonight! Tomorrow we go back to the neurologist office, I'm pretty sure I'll remember to ask about her sleep! I'm so sleep deprived I probably need to make a list.

No comments: