Saturday, April 11, 2009

Better and Better

I took Naomi down to 400 mg twice a day on Keppra, the only drug she's currently taking. She just gets better and better. I dropped her down to this dose last Sunday and Tuesday her occupational therapist Anna was like "Wow, we had a great day". She's more interactive with her brother, who thinks it's sweet and gross. He hates when her spit gets on him. Her sleep is better. She's slept through the night until 7 a.m. quite a few times. Today she was up at 4:30 and that seems to be her other waking time. If I can get her past 4:30 we're fine.
Her ketones are all over the place in the morning. Today they were only 5 and that's over an hour after she'd had a meal. They want them to stay over 80 ideally I guess. That just makes me wonder if it's the diet that's helping or not.
Her seizures are better. We're going a lot of days with no cluster at all. Twice now we've only seen 8 myoclonics all day and they were all very light. The other days are still good, staying below 25.
So it seems we're on a good track. Just wish I was more confident that it's the diet that's doing it. Since her ketones are all over the place I'm wondering if the Keppra wasn't just aggravating the seizures.

No comments: