Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Next Generation

When did I slip into the hole left by my parents "baby boomer" generation?
I was once one of those girls with a boyfriend with way too much money invested in a car stereo system. I married him! Bill's stereo was so loud in his truck that the rear view mirror was a safety hazard. The bass would vibrate it until it only reflected the seat bottoms.
Today Naomi was napping and our neighbor girls boyfriend was revving the engine of his car. He's put one of those tail pipes on it that makes it sound like a race car, even though it's a Chevy Cobalt. I hope he can laugh at the money he spent on that some day, and how ridiculous it is to put pipes like that on THAT car. A bit like putting racing stripes on an AMC Pinto.
I was just laying there wishing she'd wake up so I'd have a reason to go out there and shove that muffler, I mean reasonably discuss how rude it is to make so much noise. It's not just normal coming and going he means to rev it again and again and again and he's sitting right under the bedroom window doing it.
At least I don't have to hear it late at night. He spends most weekends over there all night. Being that their 16 yr old kids they don't get up and leave at the crack of dawn either. So by the time they do leave I've been up for hours. (Sorry I'm trying really hard not to judge their parents for this but I'm having a hard time!)
Maybe some morning at 6 I should go under their bedroom window with a CD player and blast them with Thomas' Trackside Tunes or the Veggietales Jonah soundtrack! Some ,We Are the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything at 6 a.m. may just make them conscious of my plight!

2 comments:

Fawn said...

Wow, if it were me, I'd go out to talk to them, anyway. I don't want anyone waking up, and I wouldn't want them to give them the chance to do it!

SuzanSayz said...

What is it about the Male species????
They seem to think that whatever they have has to be louder than anyone elses. The thing that is so flawed in that kind of thinking is that anyone could have that loud of a car if they really wanted one. Most people don't, because they realize how stupid it is. And yet young men still seem to think they are impressing everyone with their "Oh So BAD, super loud cars"