Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FINALLY

About December 7 Naomi's bottom right 2 year molar poked through. Now over 4 months later the bottom left showed up!
Naomi woke Tuesday morning about 1:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep. While she screamed I felt her gums and low and behold! I felt a sharpness! Finally!
She stayed up until 4 a.m. then fell back asleep. I should note that Monday night her ketones were only 40, which is unusually low. Also she had 3, yes 3 poopy diapers. All of which her Daddy ended up getting stuck with (yeah for mommy!). She slept Tuesday until about 7:20 a.m. then woke up and started having seizures. In about 10 minutes I counted 54! This after 2 weeks of never getting over 50 in a day, let alone at one time! Also most days she never got over 20. I gave her some acetaminophen and took her to therapy where I saw 4 more in the hour and a half we were there. She fell asleep at 10:40 on the way home from therapy and slept until almost 1:30. She woke MUCH better, still had a cluster of 8 light seizures upon waking. Then the rest of the day she was fine.
Wednesday morning she woke up and didn't even have a cluster! She's had 5 in the last 5 hours and all of those were barely noticeable, nothing that affected her balance.
It's so unbelievable that teeth can cause so much trouble! She's still got 2 to go, neither of the top ones have showed yet! I'm seriously hoping they're just not there!

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Elisabeth has had teeth coming in too....perhaps that's why I have seen an increase in her seizure activity? I hadn't even thought to connect the two.

David said...

it's nice how you and lisa can compare notes on things like this.