Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm Casual

Last night I ran out to a city larger than ours to get some last minute Easter stuff and just left. Didn't even pay attention to what I was wearing. I had on a pair of sweat pants and an old Cleveland Indians hoodie. Thankfully it was opening day for the Indians so maybe I could get away with that.
I was thinking that on a weekly basis people ask me who cuts my hair. My hair is all I have left! It's thick and healthy. I told the girl who cuts it she should shave her number in my head and she said it grows fast enough she could!
You know no one ever asks....
Where did you get those sweat pants?
Where'd you get that shirt with bleach and/or grease stains?
Where'd you get those orthopedic tennis shoes?
No I'm not concerned with fashion in the least. When it's time to walk out the door I just go. Try to match at least, but other than that I could care less.
I see women at the library with their kids dressed to the 9's and think WHY?
I watch What Not to Wear and think what's wrong with walking the dog in holey jeans and a t-shirt from high school. I mean what is proper attire for picking up dog poop? The outfits they suggest for running to the grocery store! Give me a break! Who cares! As long as you're covered appropriately and clean!

1 comment:

Meandering Michael said...

You, my dear, are my fashion hero. I think everyone should have that approach to what they wear.