Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Resentment

Today I'm feeling resentful. It's set off I'm sure by complete and udder exhaustion.
Yesterday Naomi woke at 3 a.m. and stayed awake until 4:30 then fell back asleep until 6:15. She's slept 8 hour nights for quite a few nights so it was especially hard to adjust. Then this morning she woke at 3 and stayed up until 6:30! Of course then I had to see to getting her brother's breakfast, but after that was done I went and laid in bed. Thankfully he's a good boy and old enough to get himself ready for school. That's just what he did. Showered, brushed his teeth, got dressed, let the other kids that wait here until it's time for school in and then got them all off on time to walk to school. Thank goodness!
I had a hair appointment at 9 a.m. and was so looking forward to getting my hair done and for one day not having to do it myself. Plus my hair grows extremely fast and it's really needing cut and it's really thick and it's supposed to be near 80 this weekend and my head will be hot! I had to cancel my appointment. Naomi slept until 9. If she'd have woken up 15 minutes earlier I could have made it to the appointment. She'd have been in her pajamas, but what the heck!
I know it's a little irrational, but I'm a little mad at her for me missing my appointment. It's the only thing I get to do for MYSELF all month long. Unless you count my dental exam a few weeks ago. But other than that this is it! It's not like I get a mani and pedi or anything! It's just a hair cut. I don't even have her shampoo me, I go with a wet head.
Naomi kept bringing a book to me this morning and I just couldn't help it, I did not want to read to her. Of course she's like a fart in the wind and was on to something else right away, so she didn't suffer from me not reading it.
I did reschedule, but the girl is really busy and I can't get in until May 4! My husband tried to console me by saying that's not too far away. I told him to just be ready to hear me bitching about my hair for the next 2 weeks!
She's got speech therapy today at 2:45 and I told Bill I may have to cancel it. I just don't feel like I even have it in me to be polite! Plus if she's up for a nap about that time! I'm ready!

3 comments:

kai said...

i totally get that way some days. like why cant i do anything for myself anymore and why is it all for you. those are the days i ship the girl to family. i dont know if you have family close by but it helps.

Fawn said...

I feel for you, hon, I really do. Wish there was more I could do than sympathize.

David said...

hopefully tomorrow will be better than today!

by the way, how did you like rabbit proof fence and doubt?