Thursday, April 23, 2009

Much better day





Yesterday was a bad day for me! I was exhausted. Funny enough, Naomi's seizures were great! Only 17 very mild myoclonics all day.
Today is much much better. Except for a headache which I haven't taken anything for yet. So that'll go away. It better because my daughter is a drumming and tambourine playing fool today!
She returned to therapy at the pediatric therapy center at the local hospital where she goes twice a week. She's been getting the free therapy through the special needs school, but it's just not the same, good, but just not the same. It ends in May for summer break also. The therapy center is year round. She was very happy to see her therapists and had a good day.
We got to go back because... I emailed the public health nurse and asked if she could check the computer and see what the hold up was with her therapy being approved through the state headquarters. Seems the state, like everyone else, is enacting budget cuts and is encouraging people to take an early retirement, but not filling the vacant positions. So the whole BCMH system is backed up 16 weeks! So it was really a miracle that we got approved in 3 weeks. But there's a catch... The neurologists office which has to ask for the therapy only put occupational and physical therapy on there. Now I have to start all over to get speech approved. But I did call our insurance company to see what was what. They originally told the girl who takes care of insurance claims that Naomi gets 52 sessions and that's divided between all 3 therapies. Well, either something changed or they told one of us wrong. I called yesterday and they told me that PT and OT are combined and she gets 50 sessions of those. Speech is separate and she gets 50 sessions of that. Do you know that a 1/2 hour session cost $150? Yeah! That's why I was so worried about running a bill up quick. In one week we incur $900 worth of therapy cost!
Last night Naomi slept from about 10 p.m. until 6:45 a.m.! I woke at 4:30 and was happy to see we made it past 3 and she'd probably keep sleeping! I feel much better today! She even fell asleep on the way home from therapy at 10 this morning! I'm still hoping she'll take a bit of a nap before her brother gets home from school! I am taking her to be weighed and measured today at the pediatricians office and will be glad to know what those numbers are.
But for now, the sun is shining, it's decent out with just a chilly wind. Tomorrow promises to be a better day! They're talking about it hitting the 80's this weekend!
After tomorrow my husband is laid off of work for one week, I don't know if that goes in the good or bad column! HA! I'm sure it'll change columns as the week progresses! At least he'll have good weather. Warm and sunny for the next 5 days! There's grass, actual green grass, to be mowed!
Ohio weather! Frost on the cars today, 80's tomorrow!

No comments: