Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another reason to hate sports

Have you seen the uniforms that high school girls wear for volleyball now a days?
God I sound old! But really!
Skin tight shirts, knee socks and shorts so short and so tight they must be made of stretchy material! But they barely cover their tushys!
Sadly at this age, I'm pretty sure I have panties bigger than those girls "shorts"!
Is the word inappropriate still in the dictionary? There's so many things that are not appropriate going on I just can't believe it still is.
Maybe it's that no one uses a dictionary anymore! Maybe I should "Google" the word!
Maybe I'm just old, but it seems like the more time passes the higher hem lines go up.
My Aunt is almost 70 and still has her HS cheerleading skirt. Think poodle skirt, that's how long it is.
I graduated in 1992 and the cheerleaders had skirts that came just above the knees. At this rate by the time Naomi graduates the girls will be out there in nothing but a thong!

5 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

These things come and go. We don't see "hot pants" around anymore, do we?

Jennybell said...

I think they're all hot pants now I guess I just hope the fad passes before my daughter is old enough!

SuzanSayz said...

I think the whole thing started with Beach Volleyball. They wear bikinis for that. I thought it was really in poor taste that team USA were in bikinis during the Olympics. So I guess the look has now migrated to regular, played in a gym volleyball. I think what happens is that,at first, the ones in charge know that they are most definitely pushing the envelope. They don't hear many complaints though so they figure people don't care after all. The remedy is to make our feelings known. And don't worry about feeling old and out of date Jenny, your view point is just as valid as everyone elses.

Lisa Christine said...

This is why Donald says that his girls will NEVER play volleyball.

David said...

have you seen the shorts guys wear in college basketball? they are ridiculous in the other extreme. so long and baggy as to almost be like dresses.

maybe if they met in the middle, both would wear something approximating normal.