Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mind Like a Steel Trap

Today we were about 20 minutes from home at a little country store. When we got in the car to drive home I was in the driver's seat and Isaiah said "OH, good mom. It's not a good idea to let Dad drive is it? Remember what happened the last time he drove this car?"
Bill said "Isaiah let it go"
I said" I do remember Isaiah, when we were driving home from Carol's wedding, Daddy got pulled over by a West Virginia state trooper and he gave him a speeding ticket..... in 2005!"
He gets it honest!
At one of my cousin's weddings I accidentally locked the keys in my parents car after they sent me out for something. I wasn't even old enough to drive!
I was in my early 20's when on a trip to Cherokee, North Carolina with my mom I ran out of the Bingo Hall to get something out of my car. I'm almost to the car when I hear her yell "Don't lock the keys in the car!" She had come out to the parking lot to remind me for the millionth time to not lock the keys in the car. ME, her ADULT child, who lived 8 1/2 hours away from her and managed several times a day to exit my vehicle with keys in hand. I turned and yelled back "OH FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! Do you know how long ago that was? LET IT GO!!!" and I've never heard a thing about it again.
She does still grab my car's dashboard when riding as my passenger! I don't think I'll ever break her of that!

2 comments:

David said...

i've never locked my keys in the car. luckily. but it's one of those things i'm always worried i'm going to do.

Lisa Christine said...

I'm obsessed about NOT locking my keys in my car. I always check and then double check that I have them in my hand.

Watch....now I have probably jinxed myself and I'll lock them in the car tomorrow....lol