Sunday, April 5, 2009

No Bunny for Easter

Fawn is looking for Easter treat ideas for a kid on the Ketogenic Diet. That made me think of Resurrection Cookies. For some reason I was thinking that the cookies disappeared over night but no, they're just hollow. So that's out! What kind of mother would take a child through making cookies only to say "sorry, you can't have one!". That's the predicament us Keto-moms are in. Trying to find non-food treats for food centered holidays. But, if it helps our kids we find a way and remember it's only 2 or 3 Easter's we have to get through.
So if anyone has any ideas send them over to Fawn.
I thought I'd post a link to a Resurrection Cookie recipe I found on the Internet that illustrates it much better than I could!
Now here's what we're going through this Easter. Naomi is clueless so she could care less. There will be no Easter egg hunt for her. She doesn't do "in" she only does "take out and throw".
Isaiah wants a chocolate bunny. He told his Dad the Easter bunny will bring it and Bill said "son, do you really think there's a giant bunny my size going door to door?" Isaiah said "no that's not believable but maybe a little one."
Back when he asked me about Santa and I told him that yes his friend was right, I put the presents under the tree. The next question was "what about the Easter bunny?" and I told him Yep, that's me too. So we thought he understood. I think he does know he's just having trouble letting go! I've even been asking him to help pick stuff out for Naomi's basket thinking then he'd be on the giving side of it. I guess he's just at that age. In between knowing it's all not real and accepting it's all not real.

2 comments:

David said...

there's no easter bunny!?

i love easter.

SuzanSayz said...

I made an executive decision a few weeks ago. The Easter Bunny is done visiting our house. It will be SO nice to get to go to bed Saturday night WHENEVER I want to. No more waiting for everyone to hit the hay so I can do my stuff.