Thursday, November 13, 2008

2 week labs

I took Naomi for blood and urine tests yesterday, her urine ketones were at 0. Her BHB which I believe is her blood ketones was at 3.34, they were 3.67 when we left the hospital. I believe also they should be at 4+. I'm waiting on an email from the RN to explain further.
What I'm worried about is her blood glucose was only at 66, which I think is rather low. I'm wondering if that isn't contributing to her seizures. Any stress seems to trigger her seizures, why not low blood sugar? It adds to my "not getting enough to eat" theory. She's an active little girl, I think she's burning through the fat she gets!
Also I've of course already Googled "low blood sugar and seizures" and there seems to be a connection.
She's definitely drinking enough! Her specific gravity was 1.002 (water is 1.000). She's definitely a good drinker!

No comments: