Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's a wrap

Today I wrapped the kids Christmas presents. ALL OF THEM! I am so happy that's over. I thought I'd do a few then just kept going and trudged through and got them all done! Now for the tree. We've been getting a live tree. When we had a fake tree I put it up sometimes before Thanksgiving, but I don't want dead needles all over the house so we'll be waiting a while on the tree this year. Though Christmas is just 25 days away!!!!! YIKES! I decided this year I want a little tree. Usually we get one about 7 ft. Goes up to the ceiling. This year I want a little one, maybe 4 ft. I don't know why, I just do. When Isaiah was little I made a little tree for his room, decorated it with his Matchbox cars. Since Naomi's been sick I just feel so ho-hum. I don't really want to go all out with the decorating. A lot of days I already feel overwhelmed and decorations are just one more thing to put up, clean off, take down. It's not just Christmas, I've pretty much skipped all holidays. I used to decorate for Thanksgiving, Easter all that. Hearts in the window for Valentines. Oh, well . One day, God willing, she'll be able to help make decorations and it'll all be do-able again.
Man this turned depressing! I wasn't headed in this direction when I started!

1 comment:

Lisa Christine said...

All your gifts are wrapped! Wow! I do have my shopping done...but wrapping has yet to begin :)