Tuesday, November 4, 2008

GONE AGAIN!

Last night Naomi's ketones were as high as they could get on the test strip. This morning they were down around 40 so I though I'd check them through out the day to see if they rise. They didn't rise! They vanished! I just checked her ketones at 9am and there's nothing! She had her cheese and strawberries with fruit this morning, same thing she ate at the hospital, and the ketones are gone. I emailed the dietitian, I'll keep an eye on her levels and see how it goes. Gone through my fridge and made sure everything is as it's supposed to be! I think the culprit is the strawberries she had for breakfast. I'm supposed to giver her a certain number of grams of 10% fruit and that includes strawberries, but when I put the strawberries into ketocalc it throws everything off! So I'm changing it to Mott's unsweetened applesauce!
I may have to hold her veggies and fruits for a meal or two. I hate that, she gets so little food already!
Also yesterday after her nap around 1pm she had 108 seizures in 18 minutes. They started when we were coming downstairs. I could just barely feel her thighs tighten up. They progressed into her whole trunk muscles spasming. Some times her arms will go up slightly at the elbow, her head drops, quickly, you've got to watch or it'll just slam into you. Usually her seizures start with less intensity so we can pick her up before she has one that might make her fall to her bottom. She's never had a whole body, loss of muscle tone drop though. That would be scary. The kids with those seem to have them completely unexpected.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Oh no! I hope you get those ketones back up again without having to put her through another fast. That sucks.

I can attest to the fact that drop seizures suck. Although the tonic-clonic seizures are scary and can cause brain damage if they aren't stopped, drops are extremely dangerous, too, and I hate them. Imagine going along and suddenly losing all your muscle tone. When you or I fall, we do something to brace ourselves for impact. When Jade has a drop, she can't do anything. Usually it's her face that breaks her fall. We were at the ER on Sunday because she had an actual DENT in her forehead from crashing into a grocery cart on a drop. It was horrible.

She didn't have ANY today all day until she got really tired around supper. We finished the day with a total of two, but at least they weren't really violent and she happened to be sitting at the time, so she didn't hurt herself. Progress!!!