Monday, November 3, 2008

OOOPS

Naomi's ketones gone this morning.
The culprit is canned pumpkin!
Winter squash is listed as one of the Group B veggies and I checked the label and there was only pure pumpkin in the can so I figured it would be o.k. Guess not!
She may have to just have eggnog, with no apple juice in it, for lunch. I don't think she'll mind though because she loves it.
I'll have to keep an eye on her ketones all day.
Her seizures are fine though. She actually only had 2 little nods today, one of them was so faint I'm not sure it even was one, but I'm counting it.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Oy! There's so much learn, isn't there? I bought some spaghetti squash yesterday to try for one of Jade's meals. We'll see how that goes.

I wish Jade were like Naomi with her food -- she hardly wants to eat at all. But I made her "hot chocolate" today and that was a hit! In fact she asked for more... argh!

We found coconut oil here and it mixes into the cream so much better than canola! It has the wonderful property of just melting in your mouth (like chocolate does) and is pretty tasteless. I think we'll be using a lot of it!