Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Out to dinner

I took Isaiah to a local restaurant where we met my parents and he is going to spend some of his vacation from school with them. My husband offered to stay home with Naomi so I could go out to eat. When we were almost to the restaurant I realized I left my cell phone at home. So I spent the whole meal nervous that now would be the time Naomi had a really bad seizure and here I'd be, out to dinner, no way to be contacted. I was gone a whole HOUR! WHOOOPEEE! It seemed like they were taking forever getting us our food. I ate and left before the others finished. Just kissed Isaiah good bye, thanked Dad for the meal and out the door I went. I drove home trying to go as fast as I could while still keeping an eye out for deer (it's deer hunting season, they're running). Fifteen whole minutes last, if that, when I finally got to the 1st of 3 traffic lights before home, I realized how tense I was. I was gripping the steering wheel and my back wasn't even resting against the seat. I kept saying over and over in my head "be with her God and watch over her".
I sped into the garage, shut the door and came in the house and found her sitting on her Daddy's stomach while he laid on the love seat, her usual spot. Fine and dandy. So I breathed a sigh of relief and set to cooking and weighing her last meal of the day. 7 whole grams of chicken!
My friend was over the other day when I was getting ready to feed Naomi and she saw her meal for the first time and said "OOOOHHH us fat girls feel so bad for you! We love our food!"
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!