Saturday, November 8, 2008

Chocolate butter sucker, Keto style

I made a snack for Naomi that the dietitian gave me the "recipe" for. It's simply softened butter and Hershey's baking cocoa mixed together and you can add liquid sweetener and a few drops of vanilla extract. It should be good. I wanted it to be good. Chocolate and butter? YUMMMMMY! WRONG! I tried it before I made one up for Naomi and it was vile. Maybe it was because it was unsalted butter? The after taste stayed on my tongue so long it was unbelievable! I think we'll stick to Jello!
On a good note the Cal Mag Zinc has in fact made quite an impact on Naomi's constipation. The nurse warned me there could be some loose stool, we haven't gotten that yet, but I need to call and see if the funky sage green color is a side effect! What a surprise her Daddy got when he changed that diaper! At least it's not fishy like the lovely Carnitor diapers. They could peel the paint off your walls! Think all this talk about her poop will embarass her one day?! She is a girl. Her brother would probably proudly post his bathroom habits! Boys!
Also today was a great seizure day. Even though her ketones were only trace this morning she only had 4 tiny little seizures and they weren't even together. Her ketones were higher towards noon and she took a nap and woke up and had no seizures. I think the ketones being so low in her urine is mostly because she's such a good drinker. She'll have blood test on Wednesday and we'll see what the ketones in her blood read.

No comments: